Lord God, I know you never planted jealousy and envy in me, the enemy did. I give you full access to my life and being, that you will destroy the works of the devil in my life in the name of Jesus. Father Lord, I pray that you will give me a heart of gratitude that will make me bask in my contentment.
How do you overcome the spirit of envy?
Letting Go of Envy in 7 Steps
- Trust the Lord. Rely on Him. …
- Do good. Even if others are cheating and lying to get ahead.
- Delight in the Lord. Love Him. …
- Give Him the freedom to change your desires. Let God replace anything that He does not desire.
- Commit your way to the Lord. …
- Trust the Lord to do what He promises. …
- Be Still,
How do you pray for someone who is jealous of you?
Forgive me, dear Lord, and help me to become a better person. Let the blood of your son Jesus cleanse me from the effects of jealousy and may you fill me with peace, love and joy. In Jesus’ name, I believe and pray, Amen.
How do you pray for discerning of spirits?
DISCERNMENT PRAYER – No.
Dear God, please guide my steps not to seek counsels from ungodly people. Assist me to seek godly counselors who may guide me into making right decisions. Help me to prayerfully consider any counsel before I take an action. Do not let me rush into judgment and regret afterward.
How can I be set free from jealousy?
Overcoming jealousy: The Dos
- DO recognize you have an issue. …
- DO actually trust them. …
- DO keep yourself busy. …
- DO improve your self-esteem. …
- DO communicate properly with your partner. …
- DON’T compare yourself to others. …
- DON’T play games. …
- DON’T try to make them jealous.
What is the remedy for envy?
Instead of responding to the pain of envy with efforts to bolster your self-esteem, try self-compassion instead. Acknowledge that it is hard to see someone do well when you’re floundering, and remind yourself that you are very much not alone in your feelings of inadequacy.
How do you deal with envy?
5 Tips For Overcoming Envy
- Look beyond the surface. If we feel envious of someone, we’re probably only seeing what’s on the surface. …
- Take some time to unplug. …
- Look within. …
- Know that your feelings do not make you a bad person. …
- Know that you are valuable.
What is the spiritual root of jealousy?
The root causes of jealousy and envy are connected to a person’s inability to see what God has provided in their life and a lack of thankfulness. James 3:16 states, “For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there.”
What does God say about jealousy in relationships?
Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. … Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.
How do you protect yourself from a jealous person?
How to protect yourself against envious people
- Learn to recognize envy. This is the crucial first step and the one I kept missing. …
- Keep a low profile. …
- Deflect praise to others. …
- Disarm the attacker. …
- Build strong industry connections.
How do I ask God for discernment?
We will trust you for generous wisdom, straight paths and peaceful hearts, all for your glory. How we praise you for being the decision-making-God. It’s not our decisions, but yours that make all the difference. We will plan, but we trust you to order our steps.
What does it mean to ask God for discernment?
The fundamental definition for Christian discernment is a decision making process in which an individual makes a discovery that can lead to future action. In the process of Christian spiritual discernment God guides the individual to help them arrive at the best decision.
What is the gift of discernment of spirits?
Apostle Paul mentions the gift of discerning of spirits in 1 Cor. 12:10. St. John Chrysostom in the interpretation of this passage says that these words mean the ability to tell who is spiritual and who is not, who is prophet and who is not since at the time of Apostle Paul, there were false prophets deluding people.
Is jealousy a sign of love?
Research has shown that jealousy can be a sign of feeling deeply in love with a partner. It may contribute to relationship satisfaction by signaling emotional commitment and investment. It may contribute to relationship stability by prompting partners to further nurture their bond and actively protect their union.
Why am I so jealous all the time?
Jealousy may be driven by low self-esteem or a poor self-image. If you don’t feel attractive and confident, it can be hard to truly believe that your partner loves and values you. Other times, jealousy can be caused by unrealistic expectations about the relationship. … Here are some signs of unhealthy jealous behaviors.
How do I get rid of the spirit of jealousy?
9 ways to remove envy and elevate your spirit
- 1 Accept jealousy for what it is and get inspired.
- 2 Find out if that thing can actually work with or on you.
- 3 It takes time to learn how not to be jealous.
- 4 Understand who you are and accept your uniqueness.
- 5 Meditate on your problem.
- 6 Use Visualization.