A phrase often used as part of an attempt to comfort someone who has just suffered a tragic loss, as in, “Our thoughts and prayers are with you.” The frequent use of the phrase or similar expressions by politicians after mass shootings in the US has increasingly been criticized by those who believe it is used to avoid …
Is it correct to say my thoughts and prayers are with you?
Meaning of Saying Thoughts and Prayers
You are keeping them in your thoughts and including them in your prayers. This phrase has been used to express of concern and caring. Some people object to this saying, citing it is cliché and doesn’t feel sincere.
What to say instead of my thoughts and prayers are with you?
What You Can Say Instead of Sending ‘Thoughts and Prayers’
- I’m here for you. …
- My favorite memory of your loved one is… …
- I am so sad to hear about your loss. …
- They always told me so much about you. …
- I’m only a phone call away. …
- I’m thinking of you today. …
- I am so sorry. …
- We will miss them so much.
How do you say my thoughts are with you?
How to Say ‘My Thoughts Are With You’ When Someone’s Sick
- I’m praying for you to get well soon. Let me know if you need anything. Prayers can play their part in healing the body and mind. …
- I’m sorry this sickness is part of your life. I am here with you every step of the way.
When to use my thoughts are with you?
“My thoughts are with you” is a way of stating care and compassion. We use this expression when someone needs support due to health issues, or any difficult or sad life event. It expresses our concern and shows the other person we are thinking about their situation.
How do you say you’re sending prayers?
If you are praying for someone, you might say something like “I’ll keep you in my prayers.” If you are not, maybe “I’ll be thinking about you,” or “I’ll keep you in my thoughts,” or “I’m sending you good vibes,” if you’re into that sort of thing.
What do you say when someone asks to pray?
Best advice is to simply say “ok,” & move along. It shouldn’t offend you. One person wrote how the fact that someone believed in them enough to ask them to say a prayer. And, because of their high regard for the person asking, they took it as an honor that they would ask them.
What can I say instead of thoughts?
Synonyms & Antonyms of thought
What can I say instead of sending love?
What to Say Instead of ‘Sending You Strength and Love’
- “If you’re not being served by what’s at hand, then let it go. …
- “Of all the things I am grateful for, it’s you. …
- “If the goal seems too big right now, then take a step back to breathe. …
- “Grab my hand, because we’re going to travel this road together.
How do you say I’ll keep you in my prayers?
You are simply telling someone that you will pray for them. you could say, “I will pray for you,” or “You are on my prayer list.” It all means the same. More important than how you way it is actually doing it.
What is the difference between thoughts and prayers?
Another way to think of the difference between thought and prayer is that thought is the process of writing a letter, prayer is sending the letter. Or perhaps an email. People do not always reply to letters or emails immediately after receiving and reading them.
When to say my prayers are with you?
Hello, “all of my prayers are with you” is used when someone is trying to express that they are wishing the best for you through prayer or that they are praying for you in a time of sadness.