The Melbourne to 12 Apostles roadtrip can easily be completed as a day trip. The 4-hour, 275 km journey is never short of mesmerizing seascapes as you follow the Great Ocean Road west.
Can you do the Great Ocean Road in one day?
As the Great Ocean Road is just over an hour from central Melbourne (and even closer to Geelong), the region is as popular with day-trippers as it is with those staying overnight. Therefore, it’s easy to enjoy an inspiring section of the district within a Great Ocean Road itinerary (1 day).
How is the drive from Melbourne to the Great Ocean Road?
The offical start of the Great Ocean Road is 103km from Melbourne CBD and will take approximately 1hr:17mins to drive. In 2009 a Freeway Extension (M1) was built that bypasses Geelong, making access to the Great Ocean Road much quicker.
How do you get to 12 Apostles from Melbourne?
The best way to get from Melbourne to The Twelve Apostles is to train which takes 3h 39m and costs $30 – $45. Alternatively, you can bus, which costs $30 – $95 and takes 6h 11m.
How long does it take to drive to the 12 apostles?
About the listing
Allow 5 hours driving time if taking the 296km coastal route and please make sure to factor in additional time for sightseeing, shopping and visiting the local Visitor Information Centre for an enhanced Great Ocean Road Experience.
How long do you need for Great Ocean Road?
664 km/413 miles, about 9.5 hours
One of Australia’s most scenic drives, the Great Ocean Road is a magnificent three-day self-drive touring route from surf capital Torquay to the famous 12 Apostles, ending at historic fishing village Port Fairy.
How do I plan a Great Ocean Road trip?
Great Ocean Road 2-Day Itinerary: The BEST Self Drive Itinerary
- 2.1 Set off from Melbourne early.
- 2.2 Stop in Torquay.
- 2.3 Visit Bells Beach.
- 2.4 Great Ocean Road sign.
- 2.5 Stop in Lorne for lunch.
- 2.6 Erskine Falls.
- 2.7 Sunset at the Twelve Apostles.
- 2.8 Sleep in Apollo Bay.
3 дня назад
Is the Great Ocean Road dangerous?
Yes, the Great Ocean Road is quite a dangerous road if you don’t have your wits about you. … The danger comes when you take corners to fast – the road speed is quite high despite the narrowness of the road – and you cut across the lane.
Where should I stay on the Great Ocean Road?
Stay in Great Ocean Road’s best hotels!
- RACV Torquay Resort. Hotel in Torquay. …
- Peterborough House Motel. Hotel in Peterborough. …
- Lorne Hotel. Hotel in Lorne. …
- Great Ocean Road Resort. Hotel in Anglesea. …
- Comfort Inn Warrnambool International. …
- Mid City Motel Warrnambool. …
- Wyndham Resort Torquay. …
- Deep Blue Hotel & Hot Springs.
Is the Great Ocean Road worth doing?
Taking a Great Ocean Road day trip is a jaw-dropping experience, there really is no other way to describe it. … The focal point of the Great Ocean Road are the Twelve Apostles and they are well and truly worth the wait.
What can you do at the 12 apostles?
Things to do and top attractions at the 12 Apostles
- See the 12 Apostles from air. Enjoy a panoramic view of Australia’s most spectacular coastal scenery with a helicopter flight over the 12 Apostles. …
- Take time to explore each of the natural attractions. …
- Walk the end of the Great Ocean Walk to the 12 Apostles.
How far is 12 apostles from Lorne?
The distance between The Twelve Apostles and Lorne is 77 km. The road distance is 162.9 km.
How far are the Twelve Apostles from Melbourne?
The 12 Apostles are located 275 kilometres west of Melbourne, approximately a four-hour drive along the Great Ocean Road.
How many apostles are left?
Nowadays, there are only 8 apostles left, with others slowly cutting down further and further until there will be more. But due to the continuing erosion that effects not just the limestone stacks, but the coastal land, the current cliffs are expected to eventually become rock stacks.
Where should I stay in the 12 apostles?
Top hotels near The Twelve Apostles
- Twelve Apostles Motel & Country Retreat. 3.5 out of 5. …
- Clifton Beach Lodge. 3 out of 5. …
- 12 Apostles Cottages. 3.5 out of 5. …
- The 13th Apostle Backpackers. 2 out of 5. …
- Apostles Camping Park & Cabins. 2 out of 5. …
- Twelve Apostles Ocean View. …
- Southern Ocean Villas. …
- Summer’s Rest Units.
How far is 12 apostles from Geelong?
The distance between Geelong and The Twelve Apostles is 124 km. The road distance is 181.1 km.