Fasting is completely intimate with the Lord. Therefore, there is no need to compare yourself to how long others are fasting. I recommend that you even pray and ask the Lord how long you should fast before you begin. … If you are fasting both food and water, you shouldn’t fast for more than two or three days.
What does God say about fasting?
“When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.
Does fasting help answer prayers?
1. Remember that fasting is not “earning” an answer to prayer. God cannot be blackmailed by human effort.
How long are we supposed to fast?
Most of these regimens advise short fast periods of 8–24 hours. However, some people choose to undertake much longer fasts of 48 and even up to 72 hours. Longer fast periods increase your risk of problems associated with fasting.
What prayers to say while fasting?
(a prayer to say before eating after a period of fasting)
Please remind me each day to take real breaks from the normality of life and the comfort of food, so that I might feast on your love and truth again. Thank you for the food and drink that I will enjoy now. This day I celebrate your eternal goodness to me. Amen.
Why does God want us to fast?
God wanted to deliver the people of Israel from their sins, and He commanded them to fast in order to turn their wicked hearts back to him. Fasting is a powerful thing when your world is closing in. Fasting is prayer, it is praise, it is proclama- tion—it is hearing God’s Word.
How long should I fast to get closer to God?
The length of the fast also depends on what you are fasting. If you are fasting both food and water, you shouldn’t fast for more than two or three days. Furthermore, if you are abstaining merely from food, you can fast for longer. Some people will fast from food and water but will drink juice to maintain energy.
What are three biblical reasons to fast?
While there is a number of reasons for Christian fasting, the three primary categories fall under Biblical mandates, spiritual disciplines, and health benefits. Reasons for Christian fasting include nearness to God, spiritual freedom, guidance, waiting for Jesus’ return and of course, a healthy body.
How do you fast and pray for beginners?
7 Easy Steps For Fasted Prayer For Beginners
- Start small. For those who have never fasted before, the idea of going for any period of time may seem daunting. …
- Plan The Fast. …
- Pre Fast Prayer. …
- Preparation For The Fast. …
- Fasted Prayer. …
- Drink Plenty of Water. …
- End the fast slowly.
How can I convince God to answer my prayers?
He may hear all our prayers. He may answer all of them.
- You practice righteousness.
- You are faithful.
- You don’t have any doubt.
- You have patience.
- What you ask is according to His will.
- You do not ask with wrong motives.
- You follow God’s commandments and teachings.
- You are humble.
How much weight can I lose if I fast for 3 days?
The 3-Day Diet claims dieters can lose up to 10 pounds in three days. Weight loss is possible on The 3 Day Diet, but only because it is very low in calories.
Are Christians supposed to fast?
Even though fasting for a Christian is not a requirement, it is a necessity. The Bible highly encourages Christians to fast from food and water for a period of time.
What the Bible says about fasting in secret?
The World English Bible translates the passage as: So that you are not seen by men to be fasting, but by your Father who is in secret, and your. Father, who sees in secret, will reward you.
What should you not do while fasting?
What Not to Do When Fasting Intermittently
- #1. DO NOT STOP DRINKING WATER IN YOUR FASTING WINDOW.
- #2. DO NOT JUMP INTO EXTENDED FASTING TOO QUICKLY.
- #3. DO NOT EAT TOO LITTLE DURING YOUR EATING WINDOW.
- #4. DO NOT EAT A HIGH CARBOHYDRATE DIET.
- #5: DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL DURING YOUR FASTING PERIOD.
What to give up during a fast?
What to give up for Lent:
- Don’t buy anything that you don’t NEED.
- 2- Throw Away 40 things for 40 days.
- 3- 40 Days of home Organization.
- 4- No Gossiping.
- Work out daily to take care of the body God gave you.
- 6- Don’t Eat After Dinner.
- 7- Give Up Soda for Lent.
- Say 3 Nice Things to Your Spouse & Kids Daily.