Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah) Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner) Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd) Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals) Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
What are the 16 names of God?
Be sure to visit our original 16 Names of God & What They Mean post as well.
- El Shaddai el shad-di’ Lord God Almighty.
- El Elyon el el-yone’ The Most High God.
- Adonai ad-o-noy’ Lord, Master.
- Yahweh yah-weh Lord, Jehovah.
- Jehovah Nissi yeh-ho-vaw’ nis-see’ The Lord My Banner.
What are the different names of God and their meaning?
Some Quakers refer to God as The Light. Another term used is King of Kings or Lord of Lords and Lord of Hosts. Other names used by Christians include Ancient of Days, Father/Abba which is Hebrew, “Most High” and the Hebrew names Elohim, El-Shaddai, Yahweh, Jehovah and Adonai. … Deus is the Latin word for God.
What are the different names of God in the Bible?
Scripture presents many references to the names for God, but the key names in the Old Testament are El Elyon, El Shaddai and YHWH. In the New Testament Theos, Kyrios and Patēr (πατήρ i.e. Father in Greek) are the essential names.
What are the 7 names of Jehovah?
Seven names of God. The seven names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton, El, Elohim, Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot. In addition, the name Jah—because it forms part of the Tetragrammaton—is similarly protected.
What is God’s true name?
Yahweh, the god of the Israelites, whose name was revealed to Moses as four Hebrew consonants (YHWH) called the tetragrammaton.
What are the 10 names of God?
NEW: Names of God 3″ Die Cut Stickers!
- Who is God to you? El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
- El Elyon (The Most High God)
- Adonai (Lord, Master)
- Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
- Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
- Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
- Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
- Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
What are the 9 attributes of God?
What are the 12 names of God?
Terms in this set (12)
- ELOHIM. My Creator.
- JEHOVAH. My Lord God.
- EL SHADDAI. My Supplier.
- ADONAI. My Master.
- JEHOVAH JIREH. My Provider.
- JEHOVAH ROPHE. My Healer.
- JEHOVAH NISSI. My Banner.
- JEHOVAH MAKADESH. My Sanctifier.
Are names important to God?
Names are a gift from God. These words contain His power. They give things meaning. They bring us meaning.
Is Yahweh God or Jesus?
Yahweh as the all-powerful creator, preserver, and redeemer of the universe was then later developed by the early Christians as their god who had sent his son Jesus as the promised messiah and Islam interpreted this same deity as Allah in their belief system.
Who is El Shaddai?
El Shaddai (Hebrew: אֵל שַׁדַּי, IPA: [el ʃaˈdaj]) or just Shaddai is one of the names of the God of Israel. El Shaddai is conventionally translated into English as God Almighty (Deus Omnipotens in Latin), but its original meaning is unclear.
What are the different names of Jesus?
- Logos (the Word)
- Son of God.
- Son of man.
Does Yahweh mean I am?
Its context is the encounter of the burning bush (Exodus 3:14): Moses asks what he is to say to the Israelites when they ask what God [‘Elohiym] has sent him to them, and YHWH replies, “I am who I am,” adding, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I am has sent me to you.
Who is Elohim?
Elohim, singular Eloah, (Hebrew: God), the God of Israel in the Old Testament. … Thus, in Genesis the words, “In the beginning God (Elohim) created the heavens and the earth,” Elohim is monotheistic in connotation, though its grammatical structure seems polytheistic.
What are the 100 names of Jesus?
100 Names of Jesus
- 100 Names of Jesus. Advocate (1 John 2:1)
- Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. …
- Amen (Rev. 3:14)
- Apostle of our Profession (Heb. 3:1) …
- Author of Life (Acts 3:15) Author and Perfecter of our Faith (Heb. …
- Author of Salvation (Heb. 2:10) …
- Blessed and only Ruler (1 Tim. 6:15) …
- Bread of Life (John 6:35; 6:48)