What are the 16 names of God?
Be sure to visit our original 16 Names of God & What They Mean post as well.
- El Shaddai el shad-di’ Lord God Almighty.
- El Elyon el el-yone’ The Most High God.
- Adonai ad-o-noy’ Lord, Master.
- Yahweh yah-weh Lord, Jehovah.
- Jehovah Nissi yeh-ho-vaw’ nis-see’ The Lord My Banner.
What are the powerful names of God?
Scripture presents many references to the names for God, but the key names in the Old Testament are El Elyon, El Shaddai and YHWH. In the New Testament Theos, Kyrios and Patēr (πατήρ i.e. Father in Greek) are the essential names.
What are the 100 names of Jesus?
100 Names of Jesus
- 100 Names of Jesus. Advocate (1 John 2:1)
- Almighty (Rev. 1:8; Mt. …
- Amen (Rev. 3:14)
- Apostle of our Profession (Heb. 3:1) …
- Author of Life (Acts 3:15) Author and Perfecter of our Faith (Heb. …
- Author of Salvation (Heb. 2:10) …
- Blessed and only Ruler (1 Tim. 6:15) …
- Bread of Life (John 6:35; 6:48)
How many names for God are in the Bible?
According to some Yazidi hymns (known as Qewls), God has 1001 names.
What are the 10 names of God?
NEW: Names of God 3″ Die Cut Stickers!
- Who is God to you? El Shaddai (Lord God Almighty)
- El Elyon (The Most High God)
- Adonai (Lord, Master)
- Yahweh (Lord, Jehovah)
- Jehovah Nissi (The Lord My Banner)
- Jehovah Raah (The Lord My Shepherd)
- Jehovah Rapha (The Lord That Heals)
- Jehovah Shammah (The Lord Is There)
What are the 12 names of God?
Terms in this set (12)
- ELOHIM. My Creator.
- JEHOVAH. My Lord God.
- EL SHADDAI. My Supplier.
- ADONAI. My Master.
- JEHOVAH JIREH. My Provider.
- JEHOVAH ROPHE. My Healer.
- JEHOVAH NISSI. My Banner.
- JEHOVAH MAKADESH. My Sanctifier.
What is the most holiest name of God?
The most common name of God in the Hebrew Bible is the Tetragrammaton, יהוה, that is usually transcribed as YHWH.
What are the 3 names of God?
5 Notes About Different Names for God
In the calling of Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt (Ex 3:1–4:18), the divine presence has three different names: Elohim (God), YHWH (LORD), and Ehyeh [Pla81].
What are the 9 names of God?
9 mighty names of God and how their meanings are relevant for us today
- Yahweh. Meaning: “The Lord”, “God” …
- Adonai. Meaning: “Lord God”, “Master” …
- Elohim. Meaning: Father God / God the Creator. …
- Abba. Meaning: “Father” …
- Jehovah Jireh. Meaning: “The Lord will provide” …
- Jehovah Rapha. …
- Jehovah Nissi. …
- Jehovah Shalom.
What is Jesus full name?
Jesus’ real name, Yeshua, evolved over millennia in a case of transliteration. Wikimedia CommonsThe Greek transliteration of Jesus’ real name, “Iēsous”, and the late Biblical Hebrew version “Yeshua”. Regardless of religious belief, the name “Jesus” is nearly universally recognizable.
What is Jesus d name?
- Logos (the Word)
- Son of God.
- Son of man.
What is Jesus real name?
Jesus’ name in Hebrew was “Yeshua” which translates to English as Joshua.
What are the 6 attributes of God?
The six main attributes of God
- Pure Spirit.
- Infinitely Good.
- First cause of all.
How do you pray God’s name?
10 Names of God And How To Pray Them
- YHWH/Yahweh – yah-way. …
- El/Elohim – el-oh-heem. …
- Yahweh Yireh – yah-way-ji-reh. …
- Yahweh Rapha – yah-way-raw-faw. …
- Yahweh Nissi – yah-way-nee-see. …
- Yahweh Shalom – yah-way-shah-lohm. …
- Yahweh Rohi – yah-way-roh-hee. …
- Yahweh Tsidknenu – yah-way-tzid-kay-noo.
What are the 7 redemptive names of God?
The 7 Redemptive Names of God
- Jehovah-Rapha, The Lord our Healer – (Ex 15:26; Isa 1:5-6; Jer 17:9; Lk 5:31)
- Jehovah-Nissi, the Lord our Banner [or Refuge] – (Ex 17:8-15; Ps 20:5)
- Jehovah-Shammah, the Lord (who) is Present – (Ezek 48:35; Ex 33:14-15; 1 Chr 16:27; Ps 16:11; 97:5)