If you don’t pray, for whatever reason, or don’t feel that much concern for this person or are not close to them, you can say, “I’m sorry you’re going through a tough time / or facing challenges, I’ll hold a good thought for you.”
What do I say in lieu of prayer?
What You Can Say Instead of Sending ‘Thoughts and Prayers’
- I’m here for you. …
- My favorite memory of your loved one is… …
- I am so sad to hear about your loss. …
- They always told me so much about you. …
- I’m only a phone call away. …
- I’m thinking of you today. …
- I am so sorry. …
- We will miss them so much.
How do you politely decline a prayer?
For one, you can just express to the other person, “Thank you, but I don’t pray/follow your beliefs/believe in God(s).” If they persist, continue reminding them that you don’t want to pray, until they either get it, or appear to never be willing to stop trying. At the point, I’d just ask them to leave.
What can I do instead of praying?
Originally Answered: are there any alternatives to praying? Meditation. meditate on the good things in your life, find the positives. Think how you can learn from the negatives.
How do you respond when someone prays for you?
“I’ll Pray for You”
- It is a comfort that you will be thinking of me.
- That’s reassuring, thanks.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you, it is nice to know that.
- Thank you for your good wishes.
- (smiling) Please do. I’m flattered. ( Marvin)
- Thanks. I appreciate you are keeping me in your thoughts. ( Dustin)
Can I pray if I’m not religious?
One does not need to believe in God for prayer to work. … This makes sense because you do not need to subscribe to any particular religion or believe in any God to meditate. Though Harris does not realise it, the same is true of prayer. It is possible to be a praying atheist, a “pray-theist” if you like.
How do you say my thoughts and prayers are with you?
How to Say ‘My Thoughts Are With You’ When Someone’s Sick
- I’m praying for you to get well soon. Let me know if you need anything. Prayers can play their part in healing the body and mind. …
- I’m sorry this sickness is part of your life. I am here with you every step of the way.
Is it bad to force someone to pray?
Forcing them is pointless. If they refuse to do it, it is because in their hearts they already believe it to be a useless waste of time and effort. So, you can force children to PRETEND to pray.
How do you politely say no to church?
Just be polite, but blunt. Say something like, “I appreciate the offer, and I respect your beliefs, but I don’t believe what you believe, and so I’m really not interested in spending time at your church’s services or activities.” That’s not rude, and it’s not intolerant.
Can you force someone to pray?
I do not believe anyone can ever be forced to pray. True prayer is a form of communication with a higher power, an expression of your beliefs. If you do not want to pray, if you are not honestly seeking a connection, then it is not prayer.
Is it OK to tell someone you’re praying for them?
ANSWER: That’s a bit tricky. If you don’t tell the person, then the best that can be achieved by your prayers is… nothing (two reasons, see below). If you do tell the person that you are praying for them, you increase the chances of an undesired (by them) outcome.
Is it correct to say my prayers are with you?
You might say, “all my prayers are with you” if someone has faced a tragedy like an illness or the death of a family member. … Hello, “all of my prayers are with you” is used when someone is trying to express that they are wishing the best for you through prayer or that they are praying for you in a time of sadness.
How do you keep someone in your prayers?
It’s simple. It means you consistently pray for that person and ask God to help them, hopefully, you have something specific to ask God to help the person with. When you tell someone you are keeping them in your prayers, it is the same as saying “I will pray for you.”
What to say when someone says make Dua for me?
- Short and sweet..
- “Allah grant you aafiyat”
- Sometimes I’ll add: “and all the khair your heart desires, with aafiyat.”
- This dua is so comprehensive, there’s no need to say much else.
- Nabi sallAllahu alyhi wassallam would sometimes make the dua “Rabbana aatina fiddunya…” when someone asked him for dua.
Can you pray for someone you love?
As a believer, one of the ideal things to do is say a prayer for someone you love to come back. Pray in the morning, at night or whatever time you think of your lover. … In addition, praying for a relationship with a specific person can bring that person to your doorstep. God has a unique way of creating relationships.
What do you reply when someone says God bless you?
“God bless you” is often used as a response to sneezing. … In this case you would reply, “Thank you.” If someone says “God bless you” as a greeting, you can say many things, such as “thank you,” “and you,” or even just smile.