In Christianity, the Passion (from the Latin verb patior, passus sum; “to suffer, bear, endure”, from which also “patience, patient”, etc.) is the short final period in the life of Jesus Christ.
What is the true meaning of passion?
noun. any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate. … a person toward whom one feels strong love or sexual desire. a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything: a passion for music.
Is passion a gift from God?
Although God Gives us a Passion for Where We Are Called to Serve, Not Every Passion is from God. One more little side note. Just because you have a passion, does not mean you are called to pursue it. Also, every passion we have is not a calling.
Where is passion in the Bible?
And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
What does it mean to have passion for God?
If you want to live a passionate life for God, then you need to value God’s glory over your short-term satisfaction. And when you do this, it unlocks far more joy than you ever could have found on your own. A passion for God is always linked with valuing God’s love more than anything else.
What are examples of passion?
Reading, golfing, going to movies, traveling, gardening. Being part of a group or team that is supportive, fun. Being a Team player. Empowering or helping others find their passion.
What does passion mean and examples?
1 : a strong feeling or emotion He spoke with passion. 2 : an object of someone’s love, liking, or desire Art is my passion. 3 : strong liking or desire : love She has a passion for music.
What is the difference between gift and passion?
Your gift will get you there one way or another. Your passion is the flare that gives your gift the life it needs, but it should be second to what makes you shine.
What is passionate spirituality?
“Passionate Spirituality” pertains to an individual’s spiritual passion and to a church’s spiritual passion. It pertains to how we nurture and how we live out our faith: with conviction, confidence, enthusiasm, and fire. Spiritual intimacy leads to a strong conviction that God will act in powerful ways.
What are Jesus’s personality traits?
Here are six ways Jesus is different from the leaders of today, and what those differences teach us.
- Jesus always speaks the truth. …
- Jesus asks for more and offers more. …
- Jesus values us more. …
- Jesus values all of us. …
- Jesus is motivated by compassion. …
- Jesus forgives.
Why passion is important in life?
A passion gives you a reason to keep learning and to work toward mastery. It can often give you a reason to travel, and therefore to have the new experiences so key to happiness. It gives you something in common with other people, and so fosters social bonds. It gives you purpose.
How do you demonstrate passion?
13 Tips to Find and Demonstrate Passion at Work
- Identify What You Contribute. If you feel like your work is meaningless, of course you won’t be passionate about it. …
- Dress to Impress. …
- Be Timely. …
- Appreciate Your Coworkers. …
- Take Initiative. …
- Be Sincere. …
- Attempt Happiness, Even When You Don’t Feel Like It. …
- Research Trends.
How do you rekindle your passion for God?
7 Ways to Rekindle Passion for God
- Pray, seek God, ask Him to relight your fire.
- Get in the Word, not to just check a box or out of guilt, but to truly encounter God.
- Confess sins, Psalm 51 is a great guide.
- Worship God, sing to the Lord at church and during the week.
How do I love God passionately?
Take the time to get alone with God and pray that He help you in these 5 areas each day.
- Culture humility.
- Ask forgiveness for sins (keep current)
- Meditate on the holiness of God.
- Keep a daily gratitude list (3 things each day)
- Culture a passionate love for God (think of the cross and Jesus’ shed blood)
How do you rekindle your spiritual fire?
5 simple ways to rekindle the fire of God in your life.
- Clear the ashes. One of the evidence to trace a place burning on fire before is the gathering of ashes; be it a burning house, lantern or fire food. …
- Trim the wick. …
- Muse upon the Word. …
- Go back to the Source and Stay where the fire is. …
- Don’t quench the Holy Spirit.